21. Name of the planned robotic spacecraft by NASA to probe the outer corona of the sun which will approach to within 8.5 solar radii (5.9 million kilometers) to the surface of the sun?
Solar Probe Plus.
With a proposed launch date of 2018, Solar Probe Plus will carry a variety of scientific instruments to measure the solar wind and the Sun’s magnetic field. The space craft will also sport a new carbon-composite heat shield capable of withstanding over 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit. The new shield will protect the probe from both heat and radiation as it makes the closest-ever approach to our Sun.
22. Which country has decided to extend the life spans of the country’s 17 nuclear plants by an average of 12 years while alternative energy sources are developed?
23. About 26 persons were killed in the twin-illicit toddy tragedy (Hooch Tragedy) in a district in Kerala on September 2010. Which is that district?
24. All India trade unions called for general strike on September 7, 2010 against the “anti-people policies of the Indian Government.” On the same day itself, a public sector nationwide general strike took place in a European country to protest the government's efforts to reform the pension system. Which is that country?
25. Who has been officially declared as the shortest living man by Guinness World Records?
Edward Nino Hernandez (Columbia)
This 24-year old man is only 68.6 cm tall and weighs 10 kg.
26. South Indian actor who died at Chennai on 8th September 2010 due to massive heart attack?
Murali, son of Kannada film director G.Siddalingiah, started his acting career in Kannada films. His first Tamil film was “Poovilangu.” directed by Amirjan. After the success of the film he did “Pagal Nilavu” which was the first Tamil film of director Mani Rathnam. Some of his hit films are “Puthu Vasantham”, “Porkalam”, “Vetri Kodi Kattu”, “Poomani”, “En Asai Machan”, “Anandam” and “Samuthiram.” He got an award from the State government for his acting in director Bharathiraja's “Kadal Pookkal”.
27. Who is named as the Chairman of Hotel Leela Venture Ltd, an Indian hotel company based in Mumbai?
Dinesh Nair is likely to take over as vice chairman.
The hotel company which has six deluxe hotels, located in Mumbai, Bangalore, Kovalam, Udaipur, Goa and Gurgaon was founded by C. P. Krishnan Nair. Vivek Nair is the eldest son of Captain Nair,
28. Man of the Match winners of 20-20 Cricket series between Pakistan and England held in England.
Man of the match of First 20-20 Cricket International played on 5th September 2010:
Michael Yardy (England). He scored 35 runs (26 balls) and took 1 wicket.
Result: England beat Pakistan by 5 wickets.
Man of the match of Second 20-20 Cricket International played on 7th September 2010:
Tim Bresnan. (England) He took 3 wickets for 10 runs.
Result: England beat Pakistan by 6 wickets.
England won the series 2-0.
29. Which country’s parliament has recently approved constitutional reforms which will enable its President to seek a third term and will give him sweeping powers over formerly independent institutions?
30. The state of U.S.A which has banned foreign outsourcing to countries like India in a wave of protectionism in the economic crisis?
31. One of the most successful woman weightlifters in India who has tested positive a second time in the doping test during the trials for the Delhi Commonwealth Games?
Chanu, who won three gold at the 2002 Commonwealth Games in Manchester gets life ban after testing positive during the trials for the Delhi Commonwealth Games. Chanu had earlier tested positive, for a diuretic, at the Athens Olympics in 2004.
32. Legendary veteran film producer from Andhra Pradesh who has been conferred the Dada Saheb Phalke Award for 2009?
Dr. D. Rama Naidu.
The award consists of a Swarna Kamal, a cash prize of Rs. 10 lakhs and a shawl.
33. Malayalam film actor, screenwriter and director who has acted in around 50 films and directed a dozen of Malayalam movies, passed away recently due to kidney-related diseases?
Venu's first movie as a director was Sukhamo Devi (1986). Later he directed the super hit movies Lal Salam, Aey Auto, Aayirappara etc. Venu has also written scripts for a few movies including the Priyadarshan directed blockbuster movie Kilukkam. His first movie as a script writer was “Ee Ganam Marakkumo”.
34. Bharatiya Janata Party leader who was sworn in as Chief Minister of Jharkhand for the third time at the Raj Bhavan on 11-09-2010?
Hemant Soren and Sudesh Mahto were sworn in as Deputy Chief Ministers.
35. Who won the US Open men's doubles title-2010 beating India's Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi of Pakistan in final(7-6 (7-5) 7-6 (7-4))?
Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan
36. Man of the Match winners of ODI cricket Series (5 matches) between England and Pakistan held in England.
Man of the match of First ODI Cricket played on Sep 10, 2010:
Steve Davies (England). He scored 87 runs (67 balls)
Result: England beat Pakistan by 24 runs
Man of the match of Second ODI Cricket played at Leeds on Sep 12, 2010:
Andrew Strauss (England). He scored 126 runs (134 balls)
Result: England beat Pakistan by 4 wickets.
Man of the match of Third ODI Cricket played at Kennington Oval, London on Sep 17, 2010:
Umar Gul (Pakistan). He took 6 wickets for 42 runs.
Result: Pakistan beat England by 23 runs
Man of the match of Fourth ODI Cricket played at Lord's, London on Sep 20, 2010:
Abdul Razzaq (Pakistan). He scored 44 runs from 20 balls.
Result: Pakistan beat England by 38 runs.
Man of the match of Fifth ODI Cricket played at Southampton on Sep 22, 2010:
Eoin Morgan (England). He scored 107 runs from 101 balls.
Result: England beat Pakistan by 121 runs.
Series Result: England won the series 3-2.
37. Who won the Player of the Series Award in the ODI cricket series between Pakistan and England held in England?
38. Who became the first Indian wrestler to win a gold medal in the World Wrestling Championship in Moscow by beating Russia's Gogaev Alan in the final match?
39. The renowned South Indian playback singer who had rendered nearly 7000 songs in many languages including Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Hindi, Malayalam…etc, died recently due to cardiac arrest followed by intestinal lung infection?
She won the National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer for her rendition of the famous song "Porale Ponnuthayi" from the film Karuththamma.
40. The celebrated French film director and a founding father of the Nouvelle Vague (New Wave) movement who died recently at the age of 80?
Chabrol is best known for 1960s and 70s thrillers such as ‘The Unfaithful Wife’, ‘The Butcher’ and ‘This Man Must Die’.